Can I change joint custody to full custody?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarlaGW

I was married to my ex for 16 years, we have two children a boy 17 y/o and a girl 9 y/o. We have been divorced now for over 2 years. We have joint custody of our children, but I am the primary custodian and he gets visitation every other weekend.

My ex-husband does nothing but terrorize me repeatedly. He uses our daughter as his pawn in his games that he plays. He does not pay child support, half of the insurance, or half of the children's medical bills as he is ordered to do. He will not work.

He has a history of alcohol abuse, drug abuse, and mental problems. He threatens to commit suicide on a weekly basis. After being divorced for 2 years, I am now in a new relationsihp with a wonderful man, and my ex-husband is completely threatened by this, but he uses our daughter as the excuse to harrass me. He threatens to kill me and my new boyfriend, he has pulled a gun on me, pointed it at me, and thratened to kill me if I didn't keep my boyfriend out of the house while our daughter was with me. He left our daughter at his home 60 miles away at 2:00 in the morning to come and harrass me at my home at 4:00 in the morning. I am getting an order of protection against him. I have charges pending against him in the county that he lives in.

He took our daughter from her school without letting me know, asking or even telling me he was going to do so. My daughter's school knows to call me if he ever shows up and tries to take her, so he had his mother go in and get her. His mother is also driving him by my house at 4:00 in the morning to harrass me. I have documented all of the incidents that have happened.

With his behavior, I fear for mine and my daughter's safety. He is a very unstable person, pretty much in the trenches but only because of his bad choices, do I have any chance of proving that he is not a fit parent and regaining full custody of my daughter back?

Also, he put a clause in our divorce decree that no-one of the opposite sex is to be in the household while the child is in their custody. However, he violated this from day 1, and now has a girlfriend living with him. My new partner does stay over with me some, maybe once a week, but does not live with me. How do I get this clause taken out of our divorce decree if it isn't going to be abided to and is absolutely ridiculous to have anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back