Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders i have had sex with Underage Sex without knowing she is underage!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilfredy

I really need help as I have no idea what to do.
I am a 29 yr old male that has a proffessional job in computer industry. I have a 100% clean record (not even a traffic violation), but recently I had a run-in with the law

I met with a girl on a dating web site (dating.com) on which she turned to be underage. It is a long strory but i will try to explain .
One day she responded to my Ads and after several correspondence through emails and telephone, we finally decided to meet she was a teenage girl and she told me she was 17 going to 18. When we first met on our conversation she asked me how I ended up posting the ad and I also asked her the same question and she responded that she has just broke up with her 38yrs boyfriend.

One day she rang me and she was talking to me and her mother picked the phone and she warned me to leave her daughter alone. The next day the girl rang me asking what her mother said to me, and I told her what she said, she said that her mother did not want her to go out with black men( as i am a blacke race) and she said her mother was a overprotecting her.
All I knew it was just a girl who want fun as other girls, I never had any reason to believe that she was lying on her age, so many story were adulthood and gave me no doubt that she was underage who just wanted to have sex. One example is how she used to chats up mens over the phone (Chat line) and how it cost her so much money on her phone.

We live distance several miles so the communication is not great and I decided to find a new girlfriend and dump her, she managed to get hold of my new number from one of my friends, one day she rang the house and she spoke to my girlfriend and she said she was paying back why I dumped her.

After my girlfriend spoke to her she said I she is underage but she admitted to my girlfriend that I did not know,my girlfriend decided to report me to the police. Right now police are looking to interview me, I am still thinking what the best step to take and what will be the side effects, this has cause me stressfull time, and I don't think no one will look at myside of story because she is underage girl and a child need to be protected. I have read one column saying child is always innocent, this scare me to death and I believe no one will believe me in otherword better to die.
The LAW is the LAW I have done this, but I honest did not know the age of the girl.!

I have tried to be carefuly on the law in all mylife never thought I will go down like this, I see no hope in my future.

Please could anyone suggest or advice me on what I should do or what will be the best action to take this time.

First I'd say that any time you meet a young girl or see something that seems to be to good to be true... keep your eyes open and your brain and wits at full attention!

That said, it would seem that your best solution would be not to talk to the police even though they will seem to want to have a rational and reasonable conversation with you. You should have no comment unless they decide to arrest you (which might prove to be difficult) which if they do, at that time you should call a lawyer.

law

If the chat room required her to be 18 or older, then you have nothing to worry about, if not then get a lawyer.

First off do not talk to anyone about what happened until you are placed under arrest. If in fact a warrant is taken out and you are placed in custody use your right to remain silent until you obtain a lawyer. Her actual age and what she is stating will be the big factor. If anyone wants to talk to you before you are placed under arrest could lead to you incriminating yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back