Ask a Legal Question

Thread: TN Question

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    TN Question

    Hello All,

    I have a quick question. If my current TN is expired, but my new TN is pending approval with USCIS, as my employer filed for a renew on my behalf. Can I travel outside of the country and re-enter the U.S without any problems?

    I understand that I may not be able to enter with a TN status, since it will be expired but maybe I can re-enter as a simple visitor.

    or should I wait till i receive the renewal. the problem is I have to go to a friend's wedding....

    Thanking you all in advance for your responses.

  2. #2
    Super Moderator Samaritan & Scholar
    army judge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Pago Pago
    Thanked 1,699 Times in 1,674 Posts
    I suggest you seek guidance from immigration authorities or hire an attorney.
    In this post-911 US, I wouldn't risk it.
    Some of the border authorities can be very bureaucratic.
    I think what you're proposing isn't allowed.
    But, immigration is your best contact. Ask them.

    Spring is gonna spring, sooner or later!

Similar Threads

  1. tdm in tn
    By tntmathes7504 in forum Estate Administration & Probate Court
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-23-2011, 09:46 PM
  2. Weapons, Guns, Firearms Felons and tasers - TN
    By anonymous9000 in forum Criminal Charges
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-08-2010, 11:57 PM
  3. Form LLC in TN or GA for vacation rental in TN when GA resident
    By SennaMiller in forum Starting a Business, Incorporation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-21-2010, 06:06 AM
  4. Eviction help in Tn
    By JamesH in forum Other Residential Landlord & Tenant Issues
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-20-2009, 05:30 PM
  5. Name change in TN
    By ChicknLittle in forum Divorce, Separation, Annulment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-18-2007, 02:03 AM

Log in

Log in