Business Contracts Signed tickets out to a minor that says she lost the tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

lishy

We own a concert promoting business and one of our employees contracted tickets out for a minor to sell and return the ticket value worth of money back in to us. When contacting the girl under contract she said that she lost the tickets. In our contract it states that you are liable for the face value of the ticket, even when lost or stolen. Since she is only 16 do we have any recourse? What can we do?

We own a concert promoting business and one of our employees contracted tickets out for a minor to sell and return the ticket value worth of money back in to us. When contacting the girl under contract she said that she lost the tickets. In our contract it states that you are liable for the face value of the ticket, even when lost or stolen. Since she is only 16 do we have any recourse? What can we do?

Minors are legal incompetents.
You can sue your stupid employee.
There's nothing you can do to the minor, except not entrust valuable tickets to the care of children

New law?

. . . . You can sue your stupid employee. . . .

I've heard that ignorance of the law is no excuse, but I wasn't aware that in the eyes of the law stupidity is inexcusable.

Anyhow, I would be most interested in learning your worship's theory as to how the employer might sustain such a cause of action against his employee.

Because if the employer cannot prove (1) gross negligence (that is, a conscious disregard for the consequences of his act), (2) dishonesty or (3) willfulness on the part of the employee, I don't think that he would have a prayer in a court of law.

Then, admittedly I'm not a judge. But I've spent 50 plus years studying and practicing law in front of judges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back