ramafications of attempting suicide

Status
Not open for further replies.

skipvol

can a person who has attempted suicide be forceably committed to a mental institution, and then be forced to pay for it?

Yes, and yes, without a doubt.

(Though the former generally requires a court order - there are one or two exceptions to that though, I believe)

Okay, here's a link to a complaint form for an involuntary commitment. Read it.

http://tn.gov/mental/t33/MHDD5112.pdf

Now, you will be allowed due process.

You can illustrate to the court that your involuntary commitment isn't necessary.

Please read the following and take note of item number five!

You can ask the court to appoint an attorney to represent you and protect your rights!

IF this happens, that MUST be your first move, if the court doesn't beat you to it!

Wherefore, plaintiff requests that:
1. The court hold a hearing within the time periods set out in Tenn. Code Ann. §33-3-606 to
determine whether the defendant is subject to involuntary commitment under Title 33,
Chapter 6, Part 5, Tenn. Code Ann.
2. The defendant be ordered committed under Title 33, Chapter 6, Part 5, Tenn. Code Ann.
in proceedings held in conformity with Tenn. Code Ann. §§33-3-602 through 33-3-620.
3. If the defendant has refused to be examined by two licensed physicians or a licensed
physician and a licensed psychologist designated as a health service provider: The
defendant be ordered taken into custody for an examination by two licensed physicians or
a licensed physician and a licensed psychologist designated as a health service provider
under Tenn. Code Ann. §33-3-607.
4. The Clerk give notice of the time and place of the hearing, the defendant's right to
counsel, and the standards for commitment under Tenn. Code Ann. §33-6-502 to: (a) the
defendant; (b) the chief officer of the institution where the defendant is; (c) the
defendant's legal guardian or conservator; (d) legal custodian; (e) the spouse, parent, or
adult next of kin if there is no guardian or conservator; and (f) the defendant's attorney.
Notice must be by personal service to the defendant, if the person is at liberty, or by mail,
if the person is not at liberty.
5. The court appoint an attorney for the defendant under Tenn. Code Ann. §33-3-608 if the
defendant does not retain one.
6. The costs of the proceedings be taxed in accordance with law.

I suspect this is more about the hospital bill.

Could be, don't know.

But, not trying to be cruel, if I was upset or disturbed enough to do attempt to do myself in (hypothetically speaking, of course), I don't think I'd be worried about debts.

Why?

Because, if I failed, I'd be plotting my next attack on me! :roflmao:

AJ, You kill me sometimes. OP obviously got his moneys worth, by wanting to live enough to worry about the bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back