Extra-curricular activities

Status
Not open for further replies.

klynnchris11

Both ex and I share joint custody of our 2 daughters 8 & 9. Ex is a part time massage therapist, who has begun "massaging" at her sister's gym facility 80 miles away from her home. Her sister invited our children to be part of one of the classes on Mondays and Thursdays while their mom works. In order to allow our children to attend this, that would mean me having to switch days with my ex so they could as 1 of those days falls on my normal parenting time. I presented her with a new parenting time plan swapping 1 day for another so that we still would have 2 days a week, and everyother weekend. She absolutely said no, that when the children are in activities that technically that is NO ONE'S TIME and that I only get 1 day a week now because she is "giving up" her pqrenting time to take teh girls to the gym. Any thoughts? Is it just me that thinks her logic is ignorant?!

Thank you.

She is wrong. Parenting time and visitation is spelled out in your custody order.
Tell her she's wrong, but it won't do any good.
So, prepare to take her to court for violating the order.
Don't make side bar agreements from your order.
If it ain't in the order,and you want to change it, go back to court to have it modified.
Once you start changing the order, things get very complicated.
You divorced for valid reasons.
You have a custody order for those same reasons.
Don't change anything unless Yiu return to court and a judge orders it changed.
If she violates your time, off to court you must go.
This is the life you'll live for another 10-11 years.

Agreed, mom is flat wrong. Also I recommend that you not deviate from your court ordered visitation schedule. When you deviate from it you make it difficult for anyone to help you if things go wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back