Pee in a cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Urinalysis: under workers comp rules and law what is the definition of "Tested Positive"

If any Illegal Substances were found in the sample, you tested positive. You know what you did, or were around, and the result should be obvious.

Preliminary tests performed right away on the sample are not as reliable. If you believe you have a false positive then wait for lab results or see if you may test again.

Several years back I ate a poppy seed muffin from Costco for breakfast, about 45 minutes prior to a urine test. To my surprise I tested positive for opiates. The preliminary test only could prove the presence of certain substances but not the amounts. The lab test later showed that the levels of whatever it was that was detected was far below the threshold for a positive. I would have had to eat hundreds of muffins to get the level over that threshold. However, at the time of the test I was pretty much treated like a heroin addict.

The sample was never sent to a lab and the remainder discarded by the staff. The only paper trail available is a printout showing cutoff pass/fail levels and that was tacked onto what they called the final chart and it wasn't even printed until the day after I was discharged. they can't even tell me who said it was positive. Now if that isn't suspicious I don't know what is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back