Security Deposit No deposit returned after 22 days of moving out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcpgirls

Moved out 3/31/2012. We received just list of things to be repaired mostly outrageous and no amount was specified. No receipt or refund have been sent to us. We pay rent on time. We moved in to a not cleaned house, we updated his front and back door left a ceiling fan fixture and left the house clean and patch the picture holes. Ref and dishwasher was rusted. We were advice if we want to change it we do it on our own expense so we did. We took our fridge and dishwasher when we moved out. Did he did his work to give us just list of things to be fixed WITHOUT specifying the amount or we can demand full refund? Amount 3,000.

You describe a scenario in which the landlord has not acted properly. Whether it is deliberate or ignorance doesn't much matter.
I suggest you speak with the landlord about this and request your refund in full, or at least come to an agreement.
If no agreement is made then you can consider small claims. Since the landlord did not provide an itemized list with values and receipts you may be able to get a judgment in your favor.
Hopefully by confronting the landlord with this, politely, everything can get settled without going to court.

I am reasonably certain the OP knows the CA law or at least portion of it. I assume this because OP mentions 22 days which is the CA limit for landlord to give former tenant itemized list of how and where there deposit was spent and return remainder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back