Ask a Legal Question
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    changed name but didn't do anything

    Jurisdiction / State: Hawaii

    Hello. I had my name changed a year ago and the first government agency I went to (Social Security) they wouldn't accept the official record from the Lt Governor's office signing the approval of the name change. Seeing that it might be just a further hassle trying to contact all parties (creditors/dmv/banking,etc) involved I just continued on with my other name because I turn 62 next year and I don't want to have my benefits affected because of this matter. What do you suggest I do?

  2. #2
    Registered User Distinguished Scholar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Thanked 218 Times in 214 Posts
    Legally having your name changed back to the original name would be best, it seems.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-06-2008, 11:31 PM
  2. having hours changed
    By jlkibbe in forum Employment, Labor, Work Issues
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-28-2008, 09:48 AM
  3. locks changed
    By unclejeff in forum Other Residential Landlord & Tenant Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-15-2008, 04:06 PM
  4. Can custody ever be changed?
    By no_clue in forum Child Custody & Visitation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-05-2008, 08:45 AM
  5. How is a 'law' changed?
    By learninglaw in forum Other Legal Issues
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-09-2006, 02:57 PM

Log in

Log in