Medical Malpractice How do I get my truthful and complete medical record?

Status
Not open for further replies.

user4010

I requested my medical record from dentist long time ago after his failed treatment. Even 60 days of limit given by law is passed. So far I got incomplete and inconsistent medical record from him. I requested remaining critical medical records(like X-RAY) by phone and email. So far no answer. So how to get my complete record?

I requested my medical record from dentist long time ago after his failed treatment. Even 60 days of limit given by law is passed. So far I got incomplete and inconsistent medical record from him. I requested remaining critical medical records(like X-RAY) by phone and email. So far no answer. So how to get my complete record?

Have you tried asking your insurance carrier to request the records?

Or, have you tired getting another dentist to request your records?

You'll never prove that what he has given you is less than complete, either.

It'll be his word against yours.

That, and x-rays etc., actually belong to the provider not the patient. OP, have you offered to pay for a copy?

Last edited:
In California you have to write a letter and make the request in writing and specifically ask. Document - Document - Document and keep a records of day, time and who you talked to and what was said. They are not suppose to refuse you. Doctors & hospitals tend to want WHY you want them and if they get just a little sniff something is wrong then they alter them and clean them up, lose them, misplace them, their in archives and can't find them, etc. Doctors have a brotherhood and tend to lie and cover for each other. I'd be careful in asking another doctor to ask for them. You have to be careful in how you get them.

Offer to pay for a copy of the x-rays and you may also have to pay for any copy costs. Ask how much and be prepared.

Wrong.

The records actually belong to the provider.

What about mortgage company records? I cant get the documents i need to prove faulsified documents and intent to defraud. How do i subpoena records from billing and documwnts showing correspondence by an atty and realtor wife whom forged my signature and then they back dated represetation dates and all kinds of threats and more. Fraud collusion fiduciary responsibilty and more. Even the mortgage company faulsified documents and i made them aware of the forgery and other acts committed. Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back