Trademark Trademarking a domain name

Status
Not open for further replies.

penfold357007

I am considering applying for trademark registration in the United States for my startup company which includes a domain name component. For arguments sake lets call it "landlord.com"

I am the trademark owner of the fictitious title in another Madrid protocol country. Lets say the UK, but my registered trademark and domain name is landlord.com.uk. As we all know a "dot com" is a vastly superior suffix for a company and I would like to acquire the dot com. Currently the fictitious landlord.com is parked and not being used in commerce.

Question?

1. If I applied for (and was successful in acquiring) the US trademark landlord.com, can I then acquire the dot com domain name?
2. Is it necessary to apply for US trademark registration just to acquire a dot com domain name, keeping in mind that I am trademarked in another country but my original trademark is landlord.com.uk
3. If I apply for the US trademark, do I submit the entire logo with the image and the words landlord.com "or"
Do I simply submit the word mark only "landlord"? "or"
Do I submit the word mark "landlord.com"

Any suggestions or additional information I have likely missed would greatly assist. Many thanks!

The short answer is NO. It doesnt work that way, and further you can be held for reverse domain hi-jacking.

If you submit with or without the .com extension, the Examining Attorney will ignore

Here is an article that walks thru some of the steps for filing a trademark :

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back