opc on 17 year old

Status
Not open for further replies.

relytech

my friend had a false opc put on her by her mother-n-law to get more grounds for custody of her son now shes waiting to be released. that is so wrong what can she do? to get out of this and can she sue her mother-n-law?

my friend had a false opc put on her by her mother-n-law to get more grounds for custody of her son now shes waiting to be released. that is so wrong what can she do? to get out of this and can she sue her mother-n-law?

No one wants to take anyone's kid, especially an older person.

If your friend is in custody, the OPC appears NOT to have been false.

So others know, this is the definition of an OPC in LA:
An order signed by any parish coroner or judge of a court of competent jurisdiction requiring a person to be taken into protective custody and transported to a treatment facility of the office of the coroner for immediate examination.

I suggest your friend ask for an attorney to assist her in her efforts to regain her freedom.
It appears your friend may have had some issues with substance abuse or psychotic episodes, so this isn't a small thing. It isn't easy to have these orders issued. They aren't issued because X asks one to be placed on Z.

An OPC issues ONLY after due process at the hand of a judge or county coroner (usually an MD), so I suggest you keep your distance in this matter. This could be your friend's lifeline and her way back to a productive life!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back