Can there be a Notice of Renewal of Judgement

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrangeK1977

I had an auto loan charged off in 2000 followed with a judgement in 2002 for only $3912.
being very young I opposed the idea of having to pay for a vehicle (which I got at a small hole in the wall, no name used car lot) that did not last me no longer than 6 months. Which then I surrendered to a volunteer repo. Now 2012 I received a Notice of renewal of judgement for this account.

Is this legally fair/feasible?

I had an auto loan charged off in 2000 followed with a judgement in 2002 for only $3912.
being very young I opposed the idea of having to pay for a vehicle (which I got at a small hole in the wall, no name used car lot) that did not last me no longer than 6 months. Which then I surrendered to a volunteer repo. Now 2012 I received a Notice of renewal of judgement for this account.

Is this legally fair/feasible?

Yes, judgments can be renewed, thereby keeping them enforceable by the holder of said judgment.

The renewal period varies by state and ranges anywhere from a couple years to every 10 years.

Google "renewal of judgment YOUR STATE" for specifics on renewing judgments and their enforceability in YOUR STATE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back