State law provides will

Status
Not open for further replies.

alsports2000

I've read that if both parents die and left no will that the state is under law to provide you with one. Does anyone know if there is a fee for this service by the state?. I understand that probate courts are the ones responsible to handle estate and will matters but I don't know if one represents oneself or one is required to hire an attorney. Thanks. AL.

The state doesn't give you a will. The states (all 50 pf them) have laws of intestacy. If ones dies without a will, that is dying intestate.

The states have statutes that address the laws of succession describing who takes what from the deceased's estate.

Google "your state" laws of intestacy to see what your state says about dying without a will.

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk HD

The state doesn't give you a will. The states (all 50 pf them) have laws of intestacy. If ones dies without a will, that is dying intestate.

The states have statutes that address the laws of succession describing who takes what from the deceased's estate.

Google "your state" laws of intestacy to see what your state says about dying without a will.

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk HD

Thank you and I will look into those Tx. laws of intestacy. Thanks so much. AL.

I do hope your state gives you if not all, but most of the good stuff as inheritance. Should you need help with finances, a short term loan can help with your expenses for legal aid.

Now I know who the brainy one is, I'll keep looknig for your posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back