Can non-custodial Dad keep kids from participating in extra-curricular activities?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bodz

Non custodial Dad has visitation rights and uses them to force his daughter (15-years-old) from participating in sports and other extra-curricular activities. Is there anything Mom can do to stop him from doing this?

Non custodial Dad has visitation rights and uses them to force his daughter (15-years-old) from participating in sports and other extra-curricular activities. Is there anything Mom can do to stop him from doing this?

Dad's time for visitation is his to use the way he chooses, as long as he isn't doing anything illegal.

If he wants to take kiddo to a movie and she wants to play softball, kiddo has to go to the movie.

If that is the situation you describe, then no, dad is well within his rights!

By the way, they are HIS rights, not the child's rights or yours!

Absolutely, AJ!

Why does Mom want to interfere with Dad's parenting time, incidentally?

OP, I don't know if this will work for you, but this is what I did. I took him back to court and requested our parenting agreement be modified to include allowing our son to play one sport of his choosing, if he so chooses, each season. Costs not to exceed a certain amount and we were required to utilize each other & family to get him to practices & games as needed.

The above comment is right on.
If the current agreement is not working out, go back to court and get a modification that maintains dads visitation time AND allows for extra-curricular activities.
Until then, the current order is what you go by.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back