Stepmother trying to put stepson in school from her residence bio dad live seperately

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmassey3895

Bio dad has joint custody of son from previous relationship...Bio dad is currently married to me but we live in seperate counties...Bio mother lives in seperate county from both of us...Bio mother has custody of child for summer visiting only...Bio dad and bio mother have court documents stating child to be with dad for school year and mother for summer....My stepson and husband would like for my stepson to go to school from my county...Schools system is great were I live...How do we go about setting this up legally...Need to put stepson on my lease, section 8, county case, and enroll him in school. PLEASE HELP Thank you

"WE" can't do anything. Dad can go to court and enforce the order for the child to attend school and live with HIM.

You have no standing, and I'm sure when you begin inserting yourself in this matter, mom will push back.

I suggest you allow dad and mom to duke this one out (in court), and all you need to do is watch.

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk HD

There is no way a court will order that stepson goes on STEPMOM's lease or anything else involving stepmom...UNLESS Dad is actually living with Stepmom.

Now. Why aren't y'all living together?

(That would be called "fraud", incidentally)

I know a little about Housing or Section 8. In order for your stepchild to be listed as a resident in anyway you would need legal guardianship or otherwise face losing your housing voucher

@ army judge....you apparently didn't read the post...it clearly states there is a court order already in place for child to live with dad and attend school...also DAD and STEPSON want STEPSON to attend school in my county, they asked if he could live with me...So be4 you answer next time READ THE POST TO THE FULLEST.

@ Shrinkmaster thank you for your answer...I know I could face losing my housing voucher and this is why I'm asking what needs to be done legally...I'm not trying to do anything without taking correct legal process...THANKS AGAIN!

I know a little about Housing or Section 8. In order for your stepchild to be listed as a resident in anyway you would need legal guardianship or otherwise face losing your housing voucher

I already told you. This or have Dad added to voucher with his child

@ army judge....you apparently didn't read the post...it clearly states there is a court order already in place for child to live with dad and attend school...also DAD and STEPSON want STEPSON to attend school in my county, they asked if he could live with me...So be4 you answer next time READ THE POST TO THE FULLEST.

I suggest you lose the 'tude if you want help here.

Expect Mom to take Dad right back to court to have kiddo remain in the current school district.

Yawn...

Sent from my iPhone 4S via AT&T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back