Ask a Legal Question
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Contract to forfeit Child Support rights

    Jurisdiction / State: California

    Is it possible to get some sort of contract notarized to where my ex agrees to not refile for child support, like ever again anytime in the future?

  2. Moderator Samaritan & Scholar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Weigh a pie
    Thanked 497 Times in 481 Posts

    Well, technically you can both sign whatever you want - but it won't be enforceable. The parent cannot waive future support in that manner.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Proserpina For This Useful Post:

    Zodd (02-24-2012)

Similar Threads

  1. Child Support/ Parental Rights Help
    By cardsfan26 in forum Alimony & Spousal Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-31-2010, 04:15 PM
  2. Child support: my rights, what's likely, the procedure
    By sevengrain in forum Child Custody & Visitation
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-18-2009, 07:49 AM
  3. Consumer Law, Warranties Child Support contract with support
    By ccpricesc in forum Consumer Law, Contracts, Warranties
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-03-2008, 10:29 PM
  4. legal rights of fathers and child support
    By wife217 in forum Child Custody & Visitation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-19-2006, 02:10 PM
  5. Child Support - What are my rights ?
    By NMCB13 in forum Alimony & Spousal Support
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-07-2003, 09:36 AM

Log in

Log in