how to protect one's self

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldIndigoblue

My wife is a little (understatement) on the crazy side...when she gets mad she threatings me with " well I'll just tell the police you hit me" or "I'll tell the police I'm scared for my life" , or some other made up Bulls**t ...my question is how do I protect myself from such made up accusations....????

Divorce her.

I'm honestly not being flippant - but there's no way you can protect yourself from such allegations other than removing yourself from the situation.

If I leave than I would lose my house wouldn't I....and I owned it before we were married...and in all the years she has always refused to contribute to helping with the mortage...she always just had the answer...It's your bill...basically her answer to all the bills (utility bills) ..your names on them not mine...and I didn't want to ruin my credit ratting so I saw no alternative but to pay them all...while she did who knows what with her money...which she makes a good amount...
So bascily...I'm screwed...or would a judge even take into consideration her actions over the years...??

Before you do anything, go and speak with an attorney locally.

While NJ is an equitable distribution state, this doesn't mean that your life is over.

And seriously - stop enabling her dreadful treatment of you. You've basically allowed her to walk all over over you - time for you to stop that.

My wife is a little (understatement) on the crazy side...when she gets mad she threatings me with " well I'll just tell the police you hit me" or "I'll tell the police I'm scared for my life" , or some other made up Bulls**t ...my question is how do I protect myself from such made up accusations....????

One word for you, D_I_V_O_R_C_E!!!

Get out before something bad happens to you, or her!

If this is your deal, its a bad one.

No one need live in fear, no one!!!

There are various options to consider before divorce, including marriage counseling. You will have to decide what the circumstances require.
To answer your question about what you can do to protect yourself- don't lose your temper, don't ever engage in a physical fight, don't do anything that will give her false claims any credibility. She can say whatever she wants, and the police may come, but absent evidence of violence or witnesses the complaint wouldn't go far... and if she is as crazy as you say it is likely the police would pick up on this right away.
I see that sort of complaint from time to time and the story just doesn't add up. The best thing you can do is keep calm and don't run off if she calls the police.... if you do then they will only have one side of the story with nobody to explain how kooky she is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back