Ask a Legal Question
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Child will turn 22 and graduate with bachelor's degree this May.

    Jurisdiction / State: New York

    My friends child will graduate with a bachelor's degree and turn 22 years old this May and then continue on to medical school.

    It does not seem right that he can be held accountable by his child support agreement to continue to pay for college beyond a bachelor's degree or for his adult child's continued education.

    Is there a process of notifying the court of his child's age and receipt of college degree?


  2. Moderator Samaritan & Scholar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Weigh a pie
    Thanked 497 Times in 481 Posts
    What does the child support order actually say? Word for word, minus names.

Similar Threads

  1. College and Religion Chapel requirement credit for graduate
    By salima in forum Education Law, School System
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-01-2011, 10:12 AM
  2. fired for helping an employee graduate
    By rs913 in forum Termination: Firing & Resignation
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-30-2009, 02:01 PM
  3. Legal U-Turn where No U-Turn is posted
    By melee in forum Speeding Tickets, Traffic & Moving Violations
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-05-2008, 09:14 PM
  4. Please Help ASAP!!! Child neglect second degree with criminal negligence
    By happygirl27 in forum Child Abuse, Neglect & Porn
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-04-2007, 11:14 PM
  5. Improper Left Turn Ticket AFTER Officer Waved Me Down Through The Illegal Turn
    By whitgrace in forum Speeding Tickets, Traffic & Moving Violations
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-08-2005, 03:45 PM

Log in

Log in