Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft What was I thinking???

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaeantley

I was caught shoplisting at a major Store chain for 2 DVD'S. Worst experience of my life! I don't know what I was thinking. The was stopped at the door, they took me to the back room. I was asked to fill out a form of what I took and why. Then they asked me to fill out a non trespassing form. They copied my DL and told me never to come back...to any of that store chain I believe. What happens if I visit another of that store in another province or Country, not to buy just to shop with family??? And is this the end of it for me Legally?

If caught (big if) you can be arrested on the spot for trespassing and they could file any criminal charges not filed at time of stop.

but how could they catch you? They didn't take a picture, but they did take my DL, it' not my membership used to buy anything? Also, they didn't say anything about any other legal matters, they told me leave and that was basically my christmas gift from them...legally do you suppose this is over? Or now is my name out there? Keep in mind I am in Canada...is there a retail system now that had my name? And how long before it is too late to press charges if they wanted to??

Also, they didn't say anything about any other legal matters, they told me leave and that was basically my christmas gift from them...legally do you suppose this is over? Or now is my name out there? Keep in mind I am in Canada...is there a retail system now that had my name? And how long before it is too late to press charges if they wanted to??

how long does that take? They didn't say anything about it. Does that make it official, do I then have a record?? They didn't call in the police or anything, they let me go after signing the tresspass form and the form of what I stole and why and how the employees handles the situation.

Are you talking about the filing of criminal charges or what? I am not familar with Canadian law but here in US the statute of limitations for misdemeanor theft is around 1 year in most states

yes, I am talking about filing the charges nor did they say they would. They didn't file any and I just don't know when I can rest easy again.

If you get the letter of civil demand pay it. Stay out of the store and they should have no reason to file those charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back