Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Did store manager have a right to do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdonovan

I opened a product in store X. It was valued at $2.99. Cough tablets. I decided I did not want them and threw the entire package, opened in a bag where I had put my pizza box for my slice of pizza. I had PAID for the slice of pizza. Staff went through the bag I threw in the trash. Did they have the right to do that? Also while I was checking out merchandise I was paying for, the store manager came over with the item I had put in my bag and put in the trash and started to bawl me out as to "Why did you do this, you did not pay for these" and I was online and she was saying this in front of everyone. Don't I have rights too? Did she have the right to blast me in front of the whole store saying "You did not pay for these". How did she know I didn't pay for them? I denied knowing what she was talking about and am very angry about the entire thing. She did not have to bawl me out in public and I did not steal anything. I opened something and then threw it out as I was throwing out the box my slice of pizza came in which I had PAID for. How come this happened to me? What did I do wrong?

Did you have the right to open a package of store merchandise and throw it out? Answer no you did not. yes they had the right to do what they. Ethical no but totally legal!

What did you do wrong? Really?

You opened a product that you did not pay for. We call that theft.

You are lucky they did not call the police and have you arrested. So, get rid of the attitude, and be thankful that you did not go to jail.

There are a bunch of things you could have been charged with.

And the store has the right to do whatever they want in their trash can.

What is your question?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back