Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Please help I got caught doing it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haine

I'm from CA and I got caught shoplifting in (store name removed). The items totaled to about $168. The lady took me to a backroom and confiscated my bag and cell. They took pictures of me with the merchandise. She told me I gotta pay a fine and go to court. I don't think there was police there, only the lady and a security guard. I got banned from the mall for a year. I'm 16 and that was my first time offense. What will happen to me? Will I get a record? Recently, a letter came from Michael Ira Asen or something. It demands that my parents pay $350 in civil demand. Do I have to pay? If I do, will I still need to go to court? Or do I pay and get off the hook?

So does that mean I have a juvenile record? The lady took my thumb print and made a copy of my school id.

I would seek legal counsel. They can assist you in determing whether or not charges have been filed. The juvenile justice system takes weeks or months due to their workload, especially over the summer with school being out.

Contact the company that issued the civil demand. Make payment arrangements if you cannot pay the amount in full by the requested date. Obey the trespass notice. If you feel the impulse to steal, reach out for help.

The one who took my thumb print was the woman at store name in charge of shoplifters. They made me print my thumb on a paper that I signed saying I stole. Do you guys think paying online is safe with a cc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back