Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Caught shoplifting in walmart and police were called.

Status
Not open for further replies.

srshb445

Hi,I have been caught for shoplifting a merchandise worth $65 in Walmart. They have found me keeping the merchandise under my phant. The security guys called me into a room and took all my details. They have immediately called the police also, the police has taken me to the jail and asked me to wait for some time, they have filled some of my data. I am student of F1 Visa. Then the police gave me a slip containing the theft details and they told me I will be receiving a court notice and I need to attend to the court. I am very upset with this and this is my 1st offense. Please tell me If I need to hire a lawyer for this. Tell me ,how much fine do I need to pay for the court and the store, Can I request the store people to close the case and I will request them I will never do it and I will never enter their store. Can I do in that way. Also, I am very much worried if it affects my future records. Please tell me what shall I do to remove this off from my records so that it will not affect me in the future when I am searching for jobs. Bet answers are appreciated.

Re: Caught shoplifting in Store name and police were called.

Please tell me If I need to hire a lawyer for this.
Yes a conviction can harm your stay here
Tell me ,how much fine do I need to pay for the court and the store,
Your court fine (depending on state) should be less than $500.00. Your Civil fine should be (again depending on state) around $400.00
Can I request the store people to close the case
You can but it wont do any good so dont bother
Please tell me what shall I do to remove this off from my records so that it will not affect me in the future when I am searching for jobs.
You need to start calling Lawyers. Many offer free consultations. Ask them if Diversion is available in your case. If you can get a diversion program this will achieve what you desire. I would also talk with an Attorney familar with both criminal and immigration law

Re: Caught shoplifting in Store name and police were called.

thanks for your reply. I have hired a criminal attorney and I have pleaded not guilty. my court trial date is on 27th april, I will update my case details after the court date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back