Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Got caught shoplifting, but didnt get caught, please look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snoopelite

Ok, I was shoplifting a Marijuana drug test from a local drug store in my town. I walked in, got the test, and when no was looking, i put it in my jockstrap. To make sure that I didnt go in there just to steal something, I went and bought an arizona ice tea for a dollar, with the test still in my jockstrap. Now on my out, right before I got out of the store, I guess I tripped a sensor, and an alarm went off. It was night time, and I hauled ass to my car, which was across the parking lot, and sped off. I didnt get caught, but I dont know what I should do. Im 100% sure they didnt get my plate, no ID, nothing, all they have is my face from the cameras. Should I not go back in that store forever? What should i Do?

Ok, even if they did get my plate, what could they do with that? Would they send something to my house? And its been two days since I did it, wouldn't I be notified immediately if they caught me?

Admin said:
You can never be 100% sure. No it would not be wise to return to store

Ok, even if they did get my plate, what could they do with that? Would they send something to my house? And its been two days since I did it, wouldn't I be notified immediately if they caught me?

There are many things that could happen if they got your plate.

They could call you
They could come to your home
They could come to your work or school
They could write
They coud wait for you to have some Police contact

Any of these things will likely result in your arrest. You hav euntil the statute of limitations runs out to feel safe. going back to store could result in your being detained soon as you enter.

Admin said:
There are many things that could happen if they got your plate.

They could call you
They could come to your home
They could come to your work or school
They could write
They coud wait for you to have some Police contact

Any of these things will likely result in your arrest. You hav euntil the statute of limitations runs out to feel safe. going back to store could result in your being detained soon as you enter.

All of this can only happen if they got my plate. So if they didnt get my plate, im all set, I should just not return to that store for a long time? And let it slip away?

There is no way to tell. They might have another means to ID you we nor you know that. Yes stay out of store and cross your fingers

Admin said:
There is no way to tell. They might have another means to ID you we nor you know that. Yes stay out of store and cross your fingers

Alright I will, but how long do they have until they file something? like can they be looking for me forever? Because I joined the marines last week, and I regret shoplifting it, and I dont want this on my shit. So how long will I know Im in the clear blue?

Admin said:
The statute of limitations is somewhere from 1 to 2 years for petty theft

So what youre saying is, a cop could arive to my house, or me get in trouble, in the next 1 to 2 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back