Interstate enforcment in NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasper03

Hello, I am new here and could use some help.

My Son's Father paid support for over 5 years and then decided to not pay anymore. He is now over $5200 in arrears. NJ sent out paperwork to register enforcement in NY on Oct. 14 of 2011, NY sent it to local office on Oct. 19 (Miller Place) I was told 90 days were needed for answer and that the Father deserves due process and has 30 days to answer. Those days are up and the full 90 days end next week. I have tried to find out the guidelines on how handled and was told can only wait for NY to answer, which of course, they haven't as of yet. I called NY by advice and tried to get help there and was only told they can't and won't talk to me. I call probation and asked them what happens after 90 days are up? and I get "we just gotta hope NY answers" that's it???? What you read I guess and what happens when you can't afford a Lawyer are two different things. The guy claims self-employment, and lies about everything, how much he makes, cheats IRS, has everything in his Wife or Mother's name and hides the fact that he has a partner in another company and that too is hidden. I read that not paying results in going before a Judge, and at certain times loss of license, I don't understand how the arrears are piling up, they confirmed where he is, that nothing being done. I could sure use some advice if there is anything I can do???

Without an attorney, there is nothing more you can do.

In fact, hiring your own attorney might not do anything, but cost you more money.

This is an issue of due process.

That means his assets can't be seized or attached until he has his say in court.

Bottom line, he's the lying, cheating, conniving bum that you picked to sire you.

And, in the end, you might not get much of what he owes.

He could choose to drag this out for a longer time.

In the end, he might even choose to sit in a jail cell to deny his child and you the money.

Some of these deadbeats make that choice.

Patience, patience, patience.

Without an attorney, there is nothing more you can do.

In fact, hiring your own attorney might not do anything, but cost you more money.

This is an issue of due process.

That means his assets can't be seized or attached until he has his say in court.

Bottom line, he's the lying, cheating, conniving bum that you picked to sire you.

And, in the end, you might not get much of what he owes.

He could choose to drag this out for a longer time.

In the end, he might even choose to sit in a jail cell to deny his child and you the money.

Some of these deadbeats make that choice.

Patience, patience, patience.

I can't understand how a court with a job or without a job wouldn't have him in to court to answer as to his not paying support. If I am understand you correct, because he lies about all and they can't prove income, it's easier to just sit back? Why do the NY Child Support web pages talk about enforcement and all that could be done when a person doesn't comply to an order, garnishment, liens, taxes, at $2500 auto denial of passport and court and or loss of license?

And I assure you, I didn't sire this person, I chose though to not use abortion and kill a life as a way to rid of something I didn't ask for, and that enough said there. And due process? where does the due process come in to my Son??
Thank you though for responding, I do appreciate it.

Your anger is misdirected at me, madam.

I have been married to the same woman, my entire life.

I don't owe you one red cent.

I simply answered your question, as best I could.

Why not ask the NY state authorities or the NJ state authorities? :confused:

Simply put, however, everyone is entitled to due process, even deadbeat dads!!! :yes:

Yes, I know you didn't sire him, he sired you.

You did choose to keep his kid. :yes:

Now, you're paying for that choice.

Don't be angry at the world for the CHOICE you made!!! :no:

Maybe he'll pay a dollar or two every now and again, but you're stuck with the kid, because that is the CHOICE you made!!!

Hire a lawyer, but don't blast me again.

I will give you this one pass.

Do it again, I'll delete your posts, and ban you.

Behave yourself.

You behave civilly here, or you will be required to leave summarily.

Due process won't be found here, if you break the rules.

Those who choose to misbehave get banned.

I can't understand how a court with a job or without a job wouldn't have him in to court to answer as to his not paying support. If I am understand you correct, because he lies about all and they can't prove income, it's easier to just sit back? Why do the NY Child Support web pages talk about enforcement and all that could be done when a person doesn't comply to an order, garnishment, liens, taxes, at $2500 auto denial of passport and court and or loss of license?

And I assure you, I didn't sire this person, I chose though to not use abortion and kill a life as a way to rid of something I didn't ask for, and that enough said there. And due process? where does the due process come in to my Son??
Thank you though for responding, I do appreciate it.

Last edited:
I honestly don't see in my reply that my anger was misdirected at you personally. I am not angry at the world, I am only angry at the system, and I like others have the right and opinion. I didn't come on here thinking I was going to feel like I am the BAD one, simply thinking that what the website claimed to be, free legal advice.

Your right, I am stuck with the kid, but the kid happens to be my Son, and a human being that has rights too. I never asked you for a dime, so am unsure of where you get saying about being married, congratulations or not owing me a dime, didn't ask. I am sorry that you feel the way you do, again, how would you expect some of the mothers or fathers that might come on here thinking that there might be a person that understood the frustrations and get some real help and not feel like you made me feel.

If your going to ban me for asking for some help, advice, and feeling frustrated, then I suppose that's life too, but again, simply came on here thinking I was getting help, not being told I will be banned because you feel I treated you personally in a way you think I did.

Thanks anyway though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back