Speeding Ticket, public records

Status
Not open for further replies.

minnesotan

I've been driving from a year and a half now, I generally am pretty cautious about it quite a bit since I'm from a different nationality. It so happened that, I was going to Chicago on 4th of Nov, I did speed up (never going +5 over the limit), in certain places cuz it was an emergency.

Now, I was pulled over and issued a ticket when I was especially fast crossing an 18 wheeler. (+16 is what my ticket says). Being my first ticket, totally heartbroken, and thoroughly blaming my ill luck I continued with my journey - returned home and even paid up my ticket. Now, I know I'll have this on my record but I'd like to know how long it will stay. Also, it shows up on internet searches of my name which kind of puts me in a very insecure place.

If this is the worse thing you ever do, consider yourself lucky.

Traffic tickets are meninges, unless you fail to pay them, or get them by the bushel.

It will cause your auto insurance rates to increase.

Now for the bad news.

If you ever get another traffic citation, seek permission from the court to take traffic school (you can do it online)!!!

Or, ask the court for deferred adjudication.

However, as you paid (thereby admitting guilt), those options are unavailable to you now.

They can be useful, if you ever get another traffic citation.

Last edited:
This is my first ticket, havent had any other previous to this, like I said, I'm a pretty worrisome individual.

I know that this will stay forever on my record (I'm expecting this to be my driving records), and will also inflate my insurance for the next 3-4 yrs(depending on the company)... but will it keep showing up on internet searches?

Case Summary:

* Speeding on Freeway (16 MPH). This is not a criminal offense and results only in a money penalty for this offense.

Case Details:

Count No.

Statute

Description

Severity

Disposition

346.57(4)(gm)

Speeding on Freeway (16 MPH)

Forf. U

Guilty Due to No Contest Plea

View history and details of Charge(s)/Sentence(s)
Defendant Owes the Court: $ 0.00

Last edited:
I gave you the best advice I could.

I have nothing further to say about a simple, speeding citation.

In the scope of things, it is (and remains), nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back