Tailgate ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

znjjay

Hi Everyone
This is my first time posting here please forgive me if I break any forum rules.
Anyways I got a ticket for talegating last month before thanksgiving, I was stupid because I was so into the radio that my mind just went completely blank on the road. I will pay the ticket however much it is. The question is that after more than a month of waiting in the mail, I did not receive any notice from the court. I called the traffic division and they did not find any information in the system. I also checked my case status by entering my driver license and my ticket number on the court website and did not find any information. I really don't wish to be late on my payment and get my fees doubled up. Should I sit on my ass and wait? Christmas is approaching and I want to get it out of the way, Should I go to the court tomorrow to speak with someone in person? Anyone with similar experience? Is it my fault if I pay the fine late because I did not receive any notice in the mail? Thanks for answering. Appreciate your help

Jay

By all means visit the court and inquire.

The ticket may have been dismissed by the prosecutor, or it could be lost.

Also, why pay it, if it exists?

Why not seek deferred adjudication (or whatever it is called in your state), or take traffic school online?

Thanks Army for replying with speed
I will go to the court tomorrow morning and see what's up. If it really is lost, then lucky for me. But I deserved that one in any case.

Jay

Thanks Army for replying with speed
I will go to the court tomorrow morning and see what's up. If it really is lost, then lucky for me. But I deserved that one in any case.

Jay

Jay, Merry Christmas.

But, no one deserves a traffic citation.

It is, after all, just the offcer's opinion.

We are all innocent, until proven guilty by the state persecutor.

That said, don't willingly bend over or let them pick your pocket.

Make the state's persecutor prove the allegations the police lodge against you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back