Father supports child to go to college.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunnymoon

My friend had her daughter with a man without getting married, nor living together. After giving birth, she has been taken care of her daughter by herself without asking or getting a dime from him. She married with another person when her daughter was five years old. Now she is 18s and going to college next fall. College is expensive for her family at this time, so she asks the guy who she had her daughter with to support her daughter tuition. However, he rejected it. Can she claim him on court to get the child support that she is supposed to get it while her daughter was under 18s? If she could get it, she would use it for her daughter's tuition.

Any reply would be appreciated.

The ship your friend needed to board sailed 18 years ago!!!

Besides, did she ever establish the paternity of the child by DNA testing?

Not that it matters, I'm just curious!!!

So it is too late for her now?
By the way, she has not ever tested DNA because they are both sure that the daughter was with him.

So it is too late for her now?
By the way, she has not ever tested DNA because they are both sure that the daughter was with him.

I'd say, too late, 18 years late.

The person is no longer a child.

The child was never PROVEN to be his, anyway.

Yeap, that ship has long since sailed.

Without paternity being established and a court order in place, this gentleman was never under any obligation to provide a single red cent in child support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back