Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which will provide a more substancial benefits package workes compensation claim or personal injury due to negligence suit?

It all depend on the nature of your medical condition.

Generally, workers comp is intended to fix you.

Its overall goal is to assist you financially, provide you with medical services, and get you back to work.

Workers comp is usually quick to get the money flowing into your hands.

Besides the medical assistance it provides, you get anywhere from 50-75% of your monthly wages, tax free.

A lawsuit can take years, before it is resolved.

You initiate a lawsuit for a large sum, usually after you learn that your medical condition will permanently disable you completely, or partially.

It might be brought if you've been injured and lost a finger, a foot, some other appendage, or even mobility; and quite often, for unbearable and persistent pain.

What you should do is speak to two or three workers compensation attorneys in your area.

The initial consultation is free.

You can discuss things in confidence and detail, something I advise you not to do on the internet.

Good luck.

I hope your health improves.

I wsh you a speedy and complete recovery.

Additionally, with only very rare exceptions, a workers comp claim is your SOLE remedy. It is only in very, very rare situations that you can file a lawsuit for a work related injury, and in most if not all of those situations the suit can only be filed against a third party and not your employer.

Example: if your injury is due to a machine malfunctioning, and the case of the malfunction was a design flaw, you could probably file a suit against the manufacturer. But if the machine malfunctioned because of poor maintenance, it is unlikely in the extreme that you can sue your employer EVEN IF you can prove that the machine would have functioned correctly if maintained correctly.

By all means talk to a workers comp attorney or two or three on the off chance that your situation is one of the very few exceptions. But the odds favor workers comp being your only bite at the apple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back