Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders Internet Crimes/Sex Offence

Status
Not open for further replies.

larrynky

Police Agencies are conducting Police Stings using Yahoo Chat. The Police Officer is posing as a minor in an Adult Chat Room and arresting people for Solicitation of a Minor. The Yahooo Terms of Service state: OBLIGATIONS; The User represent he is of legal age (18 years old) to use Yahoo Services and this is a binding contract. The User provide TRUE ACCURATE information. Under Member Conduct: The User can not IMPERSONATE any person or can not MISREPRESENT them selves and they can not collect or store personal data about other users.

The question I have is this legal for Police Agencies to do this? I realize that the Yahoo Chat Rules are not laws. However, the Police Agencies have broken the rules or this many wrongs do not make it right. CONFUSED ?

Sorry, Larry, police officials posing as minors to catch sexual predators is neither illegal or entrapment.

Police use undercover operatives for many purposes.

This is an accepted and legal practice.

It is illegal for an adult to sexually molest or otherwise corrupt the morals of minors.

If you have such urges, you'd be wise to curb them in any Internet chat room, in person chats, or in any interaction with minors.

If you can't control such urges, be prepared to lose your freedom.

Or, seek help for those illicit urges.

They'll get you in big trouble one day if you insist on acting upon those feelings.

Before you start your prison sentence, I suggest you report the profile to Yahoo for a violation of its terms of service. At their discretion, they may chose to cancel the account, forcing the law enforcement agency to create a new one.

Thank You for your reply and I agree with you 100 %. They should arrest all of the Predators and Hands On Offenders. The Adult Chat Rooms are not the places where the predators watch. These rooms are for Adults and not Children. The Predators are in the Kids Rooms where the children are. I still have a hard time believing the Police can violate Yahoo Terms (rules) an it be legal; since they impersonate and misrepresent themselves.

Before someone is charged in these stings, the suspect has to acknowledge or present some evidence of understanding that the person they are chatting with or exchanging illicit images with is underage. Talking crude in an adults-only chat room is not going to permit criminal charges for illicit conduct with a minor. It would only be criminal when you continue the sexual banter or exchange of obscene images when you have information that the person is alleging to be a minor. There are a number of ways that this can happen, but it is not generally going to occur in a chat room where all parties are supposedly adults.

Thanks for your reply. Talking in an adult chat room with a minor; will get you arrested (non traveler). Most people that talk to the minor, will attempt to meet that person and thats when they are arrested (these people are called travelers). You can see this on NBC Dateline. You are guilty either way

Thanks for your reply. Talking in an adult chat room with a minor; will get you arrested (non traveler). Most people that talk to the minor, will attempt to meet that person and thats when they are arrested (these people are called travelers). You can see this on NBC Dateline. You are guilty either way

You seem to have more than a passing interest in this disgusting activity.

You even know the lingo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back