2nd mortgage statement came two years late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rottlvr2

Why would a mortage company wait two years to send statement?

Had first and second modified 24 months ago. Have payed first on time every month since. called several times over two year period regarding second, said it was closed. Company bought out by another mortgage company and now two years later we recieve a statement for the second note. very strange as it never even appeared on our credit reports either. Bad record keeping? some type of advantage or fraud scam for them to pull? just wondering if any one had any idea? I acknowledge it but after two years of being told one thing then it just appears.

If you owe it, I suggest you pay it.

You've described why it showed up two years late.

One firm purchased the other.

Yes, it could be a scam to snatch your property.

If you value your property, it would be smart to consult with a licensed attorney in your state.

You must spend money to make money.

In your case to save your home.

we paid the first payment. now the second statement came and they want two years worth immediately. $10k I dont have.

Also, the mortgage docs they have are from the original loans from 2006 that was 3 mortgage companies ago but we are paying on a loan modification from 2009. They dont seem to have those docs.

we paid the first payment. now the second statement came and they want two years worth immediately. $10k I dont have.

Also, the mortgage docs they have are from the original loans from 2006 that was 3 mortgage companies ago but we are paying on a loan modification from 2009. They dont seem to have those docs.

I can't help you.

You need to hire an attorney.

Otherwise, they'll probably foreclose on you.

That'll take a few months.

But, if they take you to court, and they will, you'll probably lose.

You desperately need an attorney, if you want to keep your home.

Otherwise, bide your time, until the legal documents arrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back