WC how long is the company responsible for paying your salary

Status
Not open for further replies.

deportes

My wife was driving her work truck inside the paper mill, she rolled the truck over into a pit on a rainy day where there were no lights or road signs, she had whiplash, lacerations from the air bag hitting her eye glasses and neck aches for a month. She still has problems with headaches and she never had headaches before, she had been working at the Mill for 12 years. The doc and chiropractor continue to treat her for headaches 6 months later and she has not been able to go to work. How long are they responsible to keep paying her salary for her rolling the work truck, are they liable because there was no road markers or signs? Thanks. D

Last edited:
My wife was driving her work truck inside the paper mill, she rolled the truck over into a pit on a rainy day where there were no lights or road signs, she had whiplash, lacerations from the air bag hitting her eye glasses and neck aches for a month. She still has problems with headaches and she never had headaches before, she had been working at the Mill for 12 years. The doc and chiropractor continue to treat her for headaches 6 months later and she has not been able to go to work. How long are they responsible to keep paying her salary for her rolling the work truck, are they liable because there was no road markers or signs? Thanks. D

In workman's compensation cases, which I presume this is one, they are theoretically responsible for curing her or assisting her in seeking permanent disability.

I suggest you speak to a lawyer in your area that specializes in work related injuries or workers compensation cases.

Normally, the lawyer takes these cases on a contingency.

He/she gets paid out of any award or settlement your wife receives.

The amount is normally capped by state law, irrespective of how much she might recive.

One thing is for sure, after meeting with the right lawyer, you'll have information specific to your wife's problem.

She was hurt during the course of her duties.

She should be rehabilitated, have her medical needs met, and returned to full duty, or declared permanently disabled.

Here's a link to your state's WC site:

http://www.lni.wa.gov/ClaimsIns/Insurance/Uninsured/default.asp

Thanks for the reply Army Judge, could they fire her after she gets back to work because she had a recordable accident while at work and there safety record is now not as good as before, retaliating for accident at work is that a common practice with the big companies! Do you think they are somewhat liable for damages because they did not have road markers therefore contributing to the accident. Thanks.

Thanks for the reply Army Judge, could they fire her after she gets back to work because she had a recordable accident while at work and there safety record is now not as good as before, retaliating for accident at work is that a common practice with the big companies! Do you think they are somewhat liable for damages because they did not have road markers therefore contributing to the accident. Thanks.

That is very hard to say, OP.

I suggest you and your wife visit a lawyer.

I can advise you to tell her that she should make no statement about any of this (the accident that is) until she consults with a lawyer, her lawyer.

If she has given a statement, she really needs an attorney.

You can speak to most lawyers for an initial consultation at no cost.

If you're smart, you speak to two or three to make the correct choice for your situation.

Companies can be very vindictive.

Supervisors and bosses do hold grudges.

But, life is never predictable, that's why we screw up so often.

Before she goes back to work, she should speak to a workers comp lawyer.

I hope she's better and all of this gets straightened out for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back