DHR will not give me my children back

Status
Not open for further replies.

op1999

My nightmare started months ago. One night a third party that was keeping my kids for the night called me claiming my daughter had told her she had been "touched" by my boyfriend. When I went to see about my kids, my daughter would not talk to me at all. I took her to the hospital thinking they would do an examination and I would have defanite answers one way or the other. No exam was done, but dhr and the police were called. When entering the room, the dhr worker immediately made the statement that my children would not be going home with me. She advised me to sign a "safety plan" to allow my children to return to the babysitters so they would not go to the state. In shock, and not knowing that I really had any other option, I signed it. (I know NOW, that was a huge mistake).

The next day, I went to dhr first thing in the morning to try to figure out what was going to happen. I was given the name of my caseworker, but did not speak to her in person. She called me later that morning and we talked briefly. She asked me to come by and sign some paperwork the next day so my kids could be interviewed. I asked her when my children were coming home, and she mentioned physical exams needed to be done but told me they had not been scheduled yet. I went by the next day to sign the paperwork. Not only was I not given anything to sign, but was forced to leave the property. I called later in the day to ask again about the return of my children, and she told me as long as the accused was in my home, my kids would not be returned. I assured her he was no longer there, that I had made him leave two days earlier. She said she would have to come verify that before my kids could come home. But there was no visit to my home.

The next day (4 days after this started) physical exams were done, which I was not allowed to be present for, and the results were inconclusive. I asked again about the return of my children. She said she had been informed by my ex that the accused was still in my home. (My ex and I had separated on bad terms and i had a protection order on him to prevent him from coming around my home). She also said that she needed an address for the accused. I was'nt aware of it at this time, but later learned, she already had an address. She had interviewed him that same day. I told her I was truly concerned about my children remaining with the babysitter. (I had learned things about her in the previous 2 days from her neighbor that I did not know. Plus, I had seen for myself from going to her home to see my children that there was nearly no supervision and they were not being fed until 9 at night.) My worker told me there was no need to be concerned, but she would not even go check on them.

The next day, I returned to dhr to try once more to get some answers. I did not speak to my actual caseworker, whom had set up a meeting with me, but wasn't there. I asked for the specific reason they would not return my children, and was told that could not be discussed with me. I was asked to sign something so they could extend the safety plan, and I refused. I repeated my request for a valid reason in writing as to why they refused to allow my children to come home. I also brought up that I had consulted a attorney. At this point, for the first time, she mentioned concern of drug use in my home. I volunteered to take a drug test, and immediately did, which was negative.

After the first week, the 'babysitter' started avoiding my requests to see my children or making excuses as to why I couldn't come see them. Also, when I did go see them (the first week only) they asked about "the accused", asking me to please tell him they loved him and missed him. They also begged to come home, and cried when I told them I couldn't take them with me. (I know now, I should have brought them home. I had no idea that nothing could have been done to me considering there was no court order.)

The second week, I was given some paperwork to sign, but I didn't sign it because it stated that I had that right and not to sign it if it was blank, which it was. Dhr later referred to this as me being uncooperative. They also requested a hair drug test, which I did, and was negative. They made the allegation that I had not been taking my kids to the doctor, and I provided up-to-date shot records.

The next week, they filed a petition for custody and were granted temporary custody. Without my knowledge, they had removed my children from the babysitter and placed them elsewhere. I was only granted supervised (by dhr only) visitation one hour a week.

Since then, I have taken 4 more drug tests, all negative, yet they say i have a substance abuse problem. They have accused me of saying horrible things to my children but I have recorded my visitations to prove thats not true. They have questioned my youngest about alot of things, but not my oldest. And they just placed my oldest with her father that has a history of drug use and a criminal background, to include several domestic charges.

They clearly are doing everything they can to try to make me look bad and have no intention of giving me my children back, even though there is absolutely nothing wrong with me. I can not get anyone to really help me, but I know I have a good case. My children have repeatedly asked to come home, and our relationship is being ruined with every day that passes. Can someone please contact me in order to assist me in getting my kids back?

My nightmare started months ago. One night a third party that was keeping my kids for the night called me claiming my daughter had told her she had been "touched" by my boyfriend. When I went to see about my kids, my daughter would not talk to me at all. I took her to the hospital thinking they would do an examination and I would have defanite answers one way or the other. No exam was done, but dhr and the police were called. When entering the room, the dhr worker immediately made the statement that my children would not be going home with me. She advised me to sign a "safety plan" to allow my children to return to the babysitters so they would not go to the state. In shock, and not knowing that I really had any other option, I signed it. (I know NOW, that was a huge mistake).

The next day, I went to dhr first thing in the morning to try to figure out what was going to happen. I was given the name of my caseworker, but did not speak to her in person. She called me later that morning and we talked briefly. She asked me to come by and sign some paperwork the next day so my kids could be interviewed. I asked her when my children were coming home, and she mentioned physical exams needed to be done but told me they had not been scheduled yet. I went by the next day to sign the paperwork. Not only was I not given anything to sign, but was forced to leave the property. I called later in the day to ask again about the return of my children, and she told me as long as the accused was in my home, my kids would not be returned. I assured her he was no longer there, that I had made him leave two days earlier. She said she would have to come verify that before my kids could come home. But there was no visit to my home.

The next day (4 days after this started) physical exams were done, which I was not allowed to be present for, and the results were inconclusive. I asked again about the return of my children. She said she had been informed by my ex that the accused was still in my home. (My ex and I had separated on bad terms and i had a protection order on him to prevent him from coming around my home). She also said that she needed an address for the accused. I was'nt aware of it at this time, but later learned, she already had an address. She had interviewed him that same day. I told her I was truly concerned about my children remaining with the babysitter. (I had learned things about her in the previous 2 days from her neighbor that I did not know. Plus, I had seen for myself from going to her home to see my children that there was nearly no supervision and they were not being fed until 9 at night.) My worker told me there was no need to be concerned, but she would not even go check on them.

The next day, I returned to dhr to try once more to get some answers. I did not speak to my actual caseworker, whom had set up a meeting with me, but wasn't there. I asked for the specific reason they would not return my children, and was told that could not be discussed with me. I was asked to sign something so they could extend the safety plan, and I refused. I repeated my request for a valid reason in writing as to why they refused to allow my children to come home. I also brought up that I had consulted a attorney. At this point, for the first time, she mentioned concern of drug use in my home. I volunteered to take a drug test, and immediately did, which was negative.

After the first week, the 'babysitter' started avoiding my requests to see my children or making excuses as to why I couldn't come see them. Also, when I did go see them (the first week only) they asked about "the accused", asking me to please tell him they loved him and missed him. They also begged to come home, and cried when I told them I couldn't take them with me. (I know now, I should have brought them home. I had no idea that nothing could have been done to me considering there was no court order.)

The second week, I was given some paperwork to sign, but I didn't sign it because it stated that I had that right and not to sign it if it was blank, which it was. Dhr later referred to this as me being uncooperative. They also requested a hair drug test, which I did, and was negative. They made the allegation that I had not been taking my kids to the doctor, and I provided up-to-date shot records.

The next week, they filed a petition for custody and were granted temporary custody. Without my knowledge, they had removed my children from the babysitter and placed them elsewhere. I was only granted supervised (by dhr only) visitation one hour a week.

Since then, I have taken 4 more drug tests, all negative, yet they say i have a substance abuse problem. They have accused me of saying horrible things to my children but I have recorded my visitations to prove thats not true. They have questioned my youngest about alot of things, but not my oldest. And they just placed my oldest with her father that has a history of drug use and a criminal background, to include several domestic charges.

They clearly are doing everything they can to try to make me look bad and have no intention of giving me my children back, even though there is absolutely nothing wrong with me. I can not get anyone to really help me, but I know I have a good case. My children have repeatedly asked to come home, and our relationship is being ruined with every day that passes. Can someone please contact me in order to assist me in getting my kids back?

The volunteers on this website do NOT make contact with people.

We offer limited legal advice, not specific to any given situation.

I suggest you retain counsel in Alabama.

You require the services of an attorney in your county.

I suggest you speak with friends, relatives, or associates and ask for the names of good attorneys.

Otherwise, call your county bar association and seek guidance.

I know one thing, you'll never get your kids back anytime soon, UNLESS you retain the services of an attorney!

Hi, I'm from Mobile and I read your post...the reason I am contacting you is because an acquaintance of mine is trying desperately to get her daughter back and out of foster care...yesterday I told her that I would try to be of assistance to her because she has no effect help and DHR is refusing to comply with a highter court order to return her daughter. Also, her court appointed attorney has verbally told her that she no longer wants to retain her as a client...The child wants to be with her mother and on one occasion recently, ran away from foster care to come be with her mom...

Please if you could share with me any information to help me understand the DHR program better and also, most important, did you get your children back...This is horrifying what you have been through....

First, it is unlikely the OP will ever be back to see your post.

Second, they do not ignore court orders, so something to what you say is missing there.

Last, more information is missing because I have never heard of someone getting a court appointed attorney unless criminal charges are involved.

First, DHR is absolutely about ignoring court orders and they do it on a regular basis. Second, DHR is about fabricating information if they don't have clear and conviencing evidence for a judge. The United States Department of Health and Human Services has released several reports that outline where DHR regularly discriminates against men and has done so since 2002. DHR regularly lies to unsuspecting judges to try to advance their agenda. Once a DHR social worker makes up her mind and picks her side, she will go out of her way to either aid the accusing parent in fabricating evidence or actually do it themselves. DHR is full of liars, cheaters, people who are confused about their authority, and outright fascists. First and foremost, do not give in to DHR. Fight them with all you have. File complaint after complaint with ALL of your lawmakers, both state and federal. Then file complaints with the US Dept. of Health and Human Services. Then file a complaint with the Attorney General's office of Special Prosecutions. Then file a complaint with the governor's office. If the judges just rubber stamp DHR's accusations then file a judicial complaint with board of judicial ethics. If DHR attempts to make you stay away from your children without a court order, then file a FEDERAL LAWSUIT immediately!!! ALL of the social workers have an insurance policy of $1 million per occurance. File for the maximum. Then file a contempt of court charge against the social worker and DHR and attempt to have them jailed. If they harass you in any way, file a criminal harassment complaint against that particular person. Make sure you do EVERYTHING by a court order. DO NOT TRUST DHR!!!! THEY ARE FULL OF LIARS!!!!! THEY WANT TO ADOPT YOUR CHILD SO THAT THEY CAN GET THEIR BONUS!!!!

I'm a mom going through it with DHR,I made the same mistake by signing papers.(family court)DHR,the lawyers they give you,Judges are one big circle group that runs a trafficing bisiness with our kid's and Millions of other's children ranking in BILLIONS of dollars [ SUE]

I'm a mom going through it with DHR,I made the same mistake by signing papers.(family court)DHR,the lawyers they give you,Judges are one big circle group that runs a trafficing bisiness with our kid's and Millions of other's children ranking in BILLIONS of dollars [ SUE]

Trafficking? Idiot! It astonishes me that I have never even spoke or met a child services worker. Must be because I take care of my children. Not saying all parents who have to deal with them are bad parents, but rather people who claim what you are claiming are bad parents.

I am sure that NO ONE wants another person's kid(s). :no:

Taking care of our own children is more than enough work. :yes:

The ONLY creatures that want children (that aren't theirs) are molesters and perverts. :cheer:

im going through a similar situation in which i left an abusive husband and now he is making false allegations in order to obtain custody. Even though i have police reports and medical records they believe him. I am supposed to see my child anytime but now they have taken him 2 hrs away and even when they come to town they wont let me see my child. DHR hasnt helped me see my child either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back