Trustee

Status
Not open for further replies.

sando55

My step-father & Mother Created a Trust in 1993. My Step-Father passed away in 2006. My Mother became Living Settlor. Myself and My Step-Brother were named Second Co-Successor Trustees. My sister Was named Third Successor.This Sister is my real Sister same Father and same Mother. In 2007 My Step-Brother Passed Away.That left myself as First Co-Trustee. In 2007 My Half-Sister in 24 July 2007 apllied for a Pettiton for Modification to Family Trust to have me Removed as First Trustee and to name her as First Trustee. In 26 July 2007 My Step-Sister was approved for the Modificatons to Family Trust to Have Me Removed as First Trustee and her named as First Trustee.. I was never Notified That my Step-Sister was taking this action by the Court or her Laywer.I called My Step-Sisters Lawyer to find out why the Lawyer or Step-Sister never Notified Me about what was Going on. The Lawyer told me that all he knew was that my Step-sister brought him the Paper work and asked him to File it. My Mother passed Away on 20 July 2011.I asked my Mother 6 months before she passed away, if she knew what my Step-Sister had done. I explained to My Mother what my Step-Sister had Done and my Mother said She did not know what my Step-Sister had done and my Mother said she would ask my Step Sister why she was doing this thing without her permission.My Mother passed away before I could get an answer. Can my Step-Sister remove me as First Trustee without any Cause?

Last edited:
My step-father & Mother Created a Trust in 1993. My Step-Father passed away in 2006. My Mother became Living Settlor. Myself and My Step-Brother were named Second Co-Successor Trustees. My sister Was named Third Successor.This Sister is my real Sister same Father and same Mother. In 2007 My Step-Brother Passed Away.That left myself as First Co-Trustee. In 2007 My Half-Sister in 24 July 2007 apllied for a Pettiton for Modification to Family Trust to have me Removed as First Trustee and to name her as First Trustee. In 26 July 2007 My Step-Sister was approved for the Modificatons to Family Trust to Have Me Removed as First Trustee and her named as First Trustee.. I was never Notified That my Step-Sister was taking this action by the Court or her Laywer.I called My Step-Sisters Lawyer to find out why the Lawyer or Step-Sister never Notified Me about what was Going on. The Lawyer told me that all he knew was that my Step-sister brought him the Paper work and asked him to File it. My Mother passed Away on 20 July 2011.I asked my Mother 6 months before she passed away, if she knew what my Step-Sister had done. I explained to My Mother what my Step-Sister had Done and my Mother said She did not know what my Step-Sister had done and my Mother said she would ask my Step Sister why she was doing this thing without her permission.My Mother passed away before I could get an answer. Can my Step-Sister remove me as First Trustee without any Cause?

Before I start, please accept my sincere condolences upon the recent passing of your mother.

May God provide you some peace and respite as you work through this difficlut and dark time.

Can your stepsister have you removed?

I think that is a 'fait accompli" at this point, isn't it?

Your question might better have been, were her actions legal?

Probably not.

But, but, but; I suspect the statute of limitations may bar you from acting, unless fraud was involved and can be proven.

And, even if that could be done, the old SOL might still bar you.

No one knows the "facts" in this case.

Her lawyer sent you a signal.

I won't speculate on that.

To get to the bottom of this "mess", I suggest you retain local counsel.

Otherwise, you will have great difficulty sorting this out on your own!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back