purchase a used car from craigslist

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaylajones89

i purchased a 98 honda accord and the day i put it on the road it cut off on me in the middle of the road....i then took it to a shop and they told me that i need a transmission and that someone removed the check engine light bulb so that the light wont be on,and that there were several code on my engine now im car wont start after 2week after putting it on the road

You bought a piece of junk. You needed to have the vehicle inspected and find all this out prior to purchasing the car.

Usually you are up a creek in this situation... however I wonder about that missing light bulb. That, to me, seems like a deliberate attempt by the seller to conceal the known problems with the vehicle. I am not certain if you can use that against the seller or not, as the sale is typically a done deal once you hand over the cash.

Private buyer car sales are always, "as-is"!!!

You pays your money and you takes your chances.

The removal of the light could be indicia of fraud or concealment.

But, the value of a 1998 car makes pursuing the issue financially unsound.

Even if that weren't the case, if you and the seller reside in different states, therein lies a bigger problem.

Looks as if you'll have to take your beating and live with your losses!

I would just take it to small claims, but your case seems hopeless. How can you prove that he removed the check engine light bulb and not you? Next time get a report and make him sign a contract :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back