Auto Loans Finance Company Shut Off My Car

Status
Not open for further replies.

peteschuey

Hello there, in my agreement it stats that after 15 days after your due date if the payment is not received then the car will be disabled. I sent my payment late the day before it was due. It takes up to 7 days to get there. After just 9 days they shut my car off. I called their office only to find their closed. Is this breach of contract? If so can I sue them for my car in full?

Having made the payment late you probably don't have much of an argument to make. No, trying to sue for the full value of the car will not get you anywhere.
If anything, if you believe your car was wrongfully disabled, and if you have incurred any expense as a result, then you could claim the value of those expenses. I doubt you will have much success with that either, and the value of those expenses likely do not warrant the effort you would need to put into such a claim.
Lesson learned, pay the bill on time.

Interesting- I have never heard of a contract that allowed for the car to be disabled. Must be an OnStar thing?
You might want to see if there is something on the vehicle you can remove.... so long as doing so doesn't violate any other terms of the contract... which it probably does.

They won't change the date it's due for me. My checks never fall on the date it's due and I've talked to then about this. I have to pay it late every month but they have never turned it off. Bit my thing is in the contract it stats tgey can't disable the car till 15 days past due.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back