Disabled Veteran In need of help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

borgherbie25

I am a disabled veteran and I have been harrased by my neighbor downstairs for years until one day a verbal argument. I was treatened by my neighbors husband that he will cut my head off and pushed me. But local police are stupid didnt want to file a report which I demanded. Now I have come to a conclusion that probaby this country cant protect me back. I didnt physically fight the guy because I cant anymore but I iwsh I could. Now my P.T.S.D has been at its highest after thoughts of "the what if this guy really cuts my head off........" I started to be hypervigiant and thinking of leaving the country for peace of mind. Is there a law that protects veterans especially the disabled ones from people who does this disrespect and unjust?

Naw, no laws to protect anyone in this country, anymore.

The gubmint just wants to probe your anal cavity and see your naughty bits at the airports.

You might be better off seeking the safety of that other nation.

The USA only wants to probe your anal cavity and measure the size of your naughty parts.

Oh, they also want to confiscate your wealth.

This has become a nation of anal probers and wealth confiscators.

Naw, no laws to protect anyone in this country, anymore.

The gubmint just wants to probe your anal cavity and see your naughty bits at the airports.

You might be better off seeking the safety of that other nation.

The USA only wants to probe your anal cavity and measure the size of your naughty parts.

Oh, they also want to confiscate your wealth.

This has become a nation of anal probers and wealth confiscators.

What???? Have you been dipping into the medicinal whiskey tonight?

I am a disabled veteran and I have been harrased by my neighbor downstairs for years until one day a verbal argument. I was treatened by my neighbors husband that he will cut my head off and pushed me. But local police are stupid didnt want to file a report which I demanded.
The truth about the law is that there is no legal requirement that the police take a report of an allegation of most crimes. If you feel a crime was committed (at least battery - a misdemeanor - for the push) then you can ask to speak to a supervisor at the department and see if they or someone else will take the report. There might also be more to the story then your account. perhaps there are other accounts that make you appear the aggressor or a mutual combatant.

Now my P.T.S.D has been at its highest after thoughts of "the what if this guy really cuts my head off........" I started to be hypervigiant and thinking of leaving the country for peace of mind. Is there a law that protects veterans especially the disabled ones from people who does this disrespect and unjust?
There are no laws that grant disabled veterans any special protections or rights over other citizens. If you are feeling the strains of the PTSD then you should seek some help for that. If you feel you have been damaged by the actions of this other guy, then you can also seek to hire an attorney and see if you have a case to make a claim and a lawsuit against him. However, if you both live in an apartment, it is likely that the other guy has not got the resources to pay you back for any damages you might claim.

If you were attacked and did not fight back or provoke the fight in any way, then call the agency and ask to speak with a supervisor and ask if a report was taken. if no report was taken, then see if he can tell you why not. There could be a number of answers varying from no crime was articulated to the officers, or, the agency does not take reports for certain misdemeanor offenses as a result of budgetary cuts. Who knows?

What???? Have you been dipping into the medicinal whiskey tonight?

Whiskey? Naw, never touch the stuff, except as it goes over my eager lips and across my tongue, trickling into my gullet.

I was making a point. I did it in a silly way. Just making the point that in this case, a disabled veteran is not a protected class.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back