Bose copy headphones case

Status
Not open for further replies.

sscamaro

Hello, a month or two ago I listed fake bose headphones on ebay and craigslist.

I removed both listings before selling any.

I have received two emails from Stacy Papachristos (IpAssure). Maybe you've heard of her. Telling me that I need to forfeit all my profit, stock, etc. or her client will proceed further legal actions.

She called and i told her i had not sold any and have no stock, (both true), she said she has record of me selling 75 sets on ebay. She said she'd call back with some evidence of this. And even if i did not sell any I need to pay legal fees.

Im sure she will come back and say pay a couple hundred bucks and i'll go away.

The facts that her website is terrible, there have been misspellings in emails, she literally copies and pastes emails from other people selling bose headphones, and she accused me of selling 75 make me think she is just extorting.

What do you think?

I can't tell you for sure but it is very common practice to "send the hounds" after infringers in the hope of extracting a settlement payment. Wait until she comes back to you. Perhaps she won't even bother because you're probably not worth the effort.

I think you don't need to worry too much about her because you did not sell any. Moreover, she doesn't seem like a person from Bose base on the information about her is that she is not professional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back