Ask a Legal Question
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    Registered User Samaritan & Scholar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cheknurpulse View Post
    You don't understand, my landlord gave me an eviction notice. She said it was because of the "threats". That she couldn't have it.
    I do understand- if you appear in court when required and explain the situation the landlord will probably be denied the eviction unless there is a better reason. If you have not violated your lease and are current on your rent then you are likely safe.
    I am guessing that what you got was a letter from the landlord asking you to move. It means nothing. Unless you are ordered out by a judge you don't have to go anywhere. If you receive a notice to appear in court then make sure you show up- ignore everything else.

Last edited by mightymoose; 06-18-2011 at 11:16 PM.

2. Registered User Samaritan & Scholar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cheknurpulse View Post
    This has got to stop and there has to be away to stop her and not just ignoring her. Because now she is approaching my children.
    You can attempt to get a restraining order if you like. It usually requires more of a threat to be made, but no telling what a judge may approve. If you get the order your neighbor will learn to behave, or at least leave you alone, or else she will have frequent contact with police.
    If you can reasonably explain a safety concern to yourself or your family due to her behavior then you may get the order.

You need to stop responding to her though. The more you acknowledge her behavior the more you fuel the fire.

Thanks
    I know, but sometimes that's hard. Especially when it come to my children. The next time she makes any contact with them, I don't care if she just says hello. The police will be called and a restraining order taken out.

Moderator Samaritan & Scholar

Thanks
    If you think that you're going to get a restraining order based upon a "hello", you're in for a nasty shock.

OP, I'm sorry - but you've GOT to be realistic here.

Registered User Esteemed Member

Thanks
    You have a choice in this matter. Everyone just ignore this person, even if she is yelling. I am dealing with a neighbor from hell as well. I choose to ignore him and his wife. Honestly the last time he was yelling at me it was for mowing 6" into his yard for about 3 feet. I kept mowing as he was yelling and I was laughing on the inside. You see others are dealing with the same issue..... The advice you have gotten is solid advice... ignore her and move on.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2