driving with suspended license

Status
Not open for further replies.

papapi

Does anybody have an idea the implication of being allowed to drive by the police right after being issued a traffic ticket for evading traffic and driving without license? I thanked the police officer for letting me drive, but can I use it to bargain with the prosecutor later in court? The first suspension was due to unsatisfied judgment.

To use the fact that the officer let you drive will not help your case in most instances in court. The officer cannot suspended your license or tell you it is ok to drive on a suspended license. He was just telling you that he would allow you to leave the location without getting in any more trouble other than the citation he issued you. In this state the officer can take you to jail for driving on a suspended license or he can issue a traffic citation for the same thing and let you leave the location. He should not let you drive and should make you call for a ride or have a licensed passenger drive. The fact that he let you drive away from the location under your circumstance whatever it was is fortunate for you but will not do anything for your case accept show that you knowingly drove on a suspended license.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back