Is there anything I can do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deeds21

My girlfriends father is refusing to return my phone. He has gone through it without my permission and contacted my mother. He told her that I was living on the streets which is not true. He told her that I stole from him which is also not true. I don't remember what else he told her. My mother has a heart condition he could have given her a heart attack. I went to see him today May 30,2011 and he refused again to give me my phone and stated that since he couldn't contact my mother about the phone that he would contact my dad but the phone in question is mine I paid for it. He says that he didn't get their numbers out of my phone but I have witnesses that he not only got the number out of my phone which he knew was my property before he went through it, but that he also went through all my text messages. What can I do?

My girlfriends father is refusing to return my phone. He has gone through it without my permission and contacted my mother. He told her that I was living on the streets which is not true. He told her that I stole from him which is also not true. I don't remember what else he told her. My mother has a heart condition he could have given her a heart attack. I went to see him today May 30,2011 and he refused again to give me my phone and stated that since he couldn't contact my mother about the phone that he would contact my dad but the phone in question is mine I paid for it. He says that he didn't get their numbers out of my phone but I have witnesses that he not only got the number out of my phone which he knew was my property before he went through it, but that he also went through all my text messages. What can I do?

Okay, you left something out.

How old are you?

How old is your "girlfriend"?

How did this mean man obtain possession of your phone?

Most people in your position simply contact the police and ask the police to assist them in obtaining their property.

Why haven't you asked the police to do a civil standby while you remove your property from the home of this mean man?

Have you been sending naughty pictures of your naughty "parts" to this girl, who happens to be a minor?

Are you an adult and the girl is a minor?

Last edited:
Sorry to tell you, this is likely not YOUR phone. If you are under 18 the phone belongs to your parents. The man does not have to give you the phone. If your parents demand the phone he still does not have to give it back- though your parents may be able to sue him for the value of the phone. If the police show up not even they can make him give you the phone.

There is nothing legally preventing him from looking though your phone. In the future, consider making use of the cell phone lock feature so that a password must be entered to access the information. That will not only keep out prying parents, but law enforcement as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back