Unofficial Company website Revealed my name and I lost my job

Status
Not open for further replies.

xeneqyhy

I was posting on a site that the company themselves told us about during training, instructing us to go there as a good site to keep up with learning. In the employee section, Union and non union members post. My personal manager made comments that i noticed were matching to that made to me online. I also noted that I would make certain comments that the Union Chief steward would in turn comment on in the garage when he would visit! This all started after a poster said "I know exactly who that is" based on my style of commenting. I am not well liked and then another user posted my name online, and then others hooked on to that. I changed names, and the webmaster took it down, but My style of writing and views, follow me. There are still people posting my name or just my last name, to signal they know who I am, and they also post my real status with the company, if I have been written up, suspended or fired. The union acts very hostile when dealing with me, and it has been revealed that they have people in high places on there posting. My manager is clearly the man posting negative, including racial comments against me, and states little code words to show he knows me. But I was aware of him first. It is clear that the main secretary has also commented about me to a poster as the poster commented on things I stated to the secretary, and used my last name. I see this as outright slander, as I am vilified at work without provocation if based Solely on work behavior. They are responding on their knowledge of me online. I want to post their names back! But Im not. Is this Slander to the max? I am not being represented fairly in my firing proceedings,and being railroaded by managers on top of that.

I was posting on a site that the company themselves told us about during training, instructing us to go there as a good site to keep up with learning. In the employee section, Union and non union members post. My personal manager made comments that i noticed were matching to that made to me online. I also noted that I would make certain comments that the Union Chief steward would in turn comment on in the garage when he would visit! This all started after a poster said "I know exactly who that is" based on my style of commenting. I am not well liked and then another user posted my name online, and then others hooked on to that. I changed names, and the webmaster took it down, but My style of writing and views, follow me. There are still people posting my name or just my last name, to signal they know who I am, and they also post my real status with the company, if I have been written up, suspended or fired. The union acts very hostile when dealing with me, and it has been revealed that they have people in high places on there posting. My manager is clearly the man posting negative, including racial comments against me, and states little code words to show he knows me. But I was aware of him first. It is clear that the main secretary has also commented about me to a poster as the poster commented on things I stated to the secretary, and used my last name. I see this as outright slander, as I am vilified at work without provocation if based Solely on work behavior. They are responding on their knowledge of me online. I want to post their names back! But Im not. Is this Slander to the max? I am not being represented fairly in my firing proceedings,and being railroaded by managers on top of that.

What you believe to be slander isn't.

If you don't appreciate or enjoy the comments alleged to be about you, stop visiting the site.

I compliment you on restraining yourself from retaliating by contributing to this uncivil posting war.

That is a smart move.

Agreed-
What you are experiencing is occuring in a public forum that you choose to visit and participate in. WHile these are your co-workers, you are not describing behavior that is occurring in the workplace. Your best option seems to be to stop visiting the site and not worry about the silly things people say in online forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back