tdm in tn

Status
Not open for further replies.

tntmathes7504

I have taken care of my mom for the last 2 & 1/2 years, since my dad died, with no help from my sisters. They live in another state and didn't make an effort to see her or help me with her. My mom passed away 4/1/11. I was working a couple of jobs before she got so sick and went in the hospital. I had to quit one because she wanted me to stay with her each evening. It put me in a bind financially. About 2 weeks before she died she gave me POA and told me to cash out one of her bank accounts so I could continue to sit with her everyday. The Notary and one other witness heard her tell me to take the money and don't give a penny to my sisters. Now they want to come in town to collect what they say they deserve. They are looking for money. Am I obligated to let them know about that money my mom gave me?

I have taken care of my mom for the last 2 & 1/2 years, since my dad died, with no help from my sisters. They live in another state and didn't make an effort to see her or help me with her. My mom passed away 4/1/11. I was working a couple of jobs before she got so sick and went in the hospital. I had to quit one because she wanted me to stay with her each evening. It put me in a bind financially. About 2 weeks before she died she gave me POA and told me to cash out one of her bank accounts so I could continue to sit with her everyday. The Notary and one other witness heard her tell me to take the money and don't give a penny to my sisters. Now they want to come in town to collect what they say they deserve. They are looking for money. Am I obligated to let them know about that money my mom gave me?

Only a judge, acting under his/her authority in a court convened to conduct civil or criminal trials can order you to testify.

Even that judge can not order you to incriminate yourself or testufy against your interests.

That said, keep your mouth shut and don not discuss anything your mother told you to do.

In fact, if you're smart you might want to edit your TOP POST.

In other words, you have the right to remain silent.

I suggest you use it.

The less anyone says about anything to anyone the better off they are!

That includes YOU!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back