Ask a Legal Question
  1. #1

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Recourse in hearing on code 170.411

    Jurisdiction / State: Illinois

    We are the owners of a closed-for sale convenience store. Closed 12/2006. Entered Chapter 13 bankruptcy 4/2007. Received violation by state fire marshal 11/2007. Have been following proper procedure to keep our underground storage tanks underground so that we can sell the property. The tanks were totally empty of gas as of 07/2006. Will participate in a phone conference 05/18/2011 as a prelude to hearing in Springfield, IL on 06/29/2011. Do we have any recourse? Please give advice. Thank you so much for your time.

    Last edited by abdulmama; 05-17-2011 at 07:20 PM.

  2. Registered User Distinguished Scholar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Thanked 218 Times in 214 Posts
    You need to investigate whether the violation can be amended into the bankruptcy, if you cannot make payments satisfactory to cover the judgment.

Similar Threads

  1. Do I Have Any Recourse Here?
    By Jerz in forum Discrimination & Sexual Harassment
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-24-2010, 01:23 PM
  2. Missed payment of $170 turned into $4600 and a lawsuit???
    By Alex75k in forum Other Debt, Collection, Garnishment
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-02-2009, 10:29 PM
  3. Do I have any recourse?
    By LADMgr in forum Discrimination & Sexual Harassment
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-27-2009, 08:34 AM
  4. Please help! Do I have any recourse at all?
    By mcw1225 in forum Internet & Social Media Law
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-04-2008, 08:18 PM
  5. What recourse do I have?
    By Burdluvr in forum Internet & Social Media Law
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-04-2004, 02:38 PM

Log in

Log in