Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders 14 years down the drain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulldogduck

I was convicted back in 1996 of Battery with 'intent' to commit sexual assault resulting in substantial bodily harm. I have no memory of the incident as I was basically in an alcohol black-out. My 'victim asserted that I beat her up with the intention of raping her and that she contracted Hep "C" from me over this incident. After being paroled and having served a little over 14 years, I had a complete physical done including blood work. Well... It turns out I don't have Hep "C" so how was I supposed to have given this disease to her? Also why was her statement alone able to convict me? Does anyone out there have any advice for me? By the way, I don't have any money to pay an attorney to take my case.

There was apparently enough physical evidence to convict you.

Did you not have legal representation?

I was convicted back in 1996 of Battery with 'intent' to commit sexual assault resulting in substantial bodily harm. I have no memory of the incident as I was basically in an alcohol black-out. My 'victim asserted that I beat her up with the intention of raping her and that she contracted Hep "C" from me over this incident. After being paroled and having served a little over 14 years, I had a complete physical done including blood work. Well... It turns out I don't have Hep "C" so how was I supposed to have given this disease to her? Also why was her statement alone able to convict me? Does anyone out there have any advice for me? By the way, I don't have any money to pay an attorney to take my case.

There is NO way this conviction will be overturned.

The date to appeal has long expired.

You only hope would be to apply for a pardon.

In your state, this the website that discusses that procedure.

http://www.pardons.nv.gov/

Yes I had a public defender but my conviction was a plea agreement on my part as I didn't have any recall of the incident and it was her word against no word. All I had at the time was my own knowledge of myself and that I really didn't believe I could ever do something like that. I was told by the public defender that if I didn't take the plea I would never get out of prison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back