Possible losing control of my IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

teledesk

I was approached by a California company to link to my software on their soon to be established website. They also are requesting to house my logos and any related copyrighted materials on the site. I have no problem letting them do that, but the language in the last part of the release I question.

It is:

"Licensee, nor anyone who receives permission from Licensee, shall not be responsible for any liability resulting from the use of the Materials in accordance with the terms hereof. Organization acknowledges that Licensee will have no obligation to use the Materials on the Site. Organization hereby waives the right to inspect and approve the Materials and agrees that all right, title and interest in and to the Materials, including the copyrights therein, shall vest exclusively in Licensee."

The last part in bold is my emphasis. They being the "licensee", the "materials" being my copyrighted material and I being the "organization". Am I giving them more control of my property then I realize, or am I being paranoid?

You're the licensee.

They're granting you license to use their facilities.

You're not being paranoid.

You just don't know the meaning of licensee.

Now you do!!!

According to the release, they explicitly state that they are the licensee.

You can look up "licensee" in any dictionary or Google it!!!

I could call myself "The Emperor of All Lawyers", but that wouldn't make it so!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back