Deed not recorded

Status
Not open for further replies.

zibimy

Hi...in 2004 I purchased a condo and then refinanced in 2006. Due to the economy I began to default on the mortgage and HOA fees in July 2010. I still have not been officially foreclosed upon. Bank debt collectors have stopped calling and correspondence from the bank only states I am seriously delinquent and to call if I would agee to a short sale process which I have not responded to.. The HOA HAS placed a lien on the property. The HOA has new lawyers familiarizing themselves with the case and how to proceed... I have learned the deed was never recorded?? What does this mean in terms of my ownership or not, past and present liabilities regarding HOA fees, special assessments, property taxes and mortgage monies paid??? In the case I am not really the owner....do I have squatters rights at this point and/or can I recoup any of the various monies paid over the last 7 years????

Frequently, banks are taking steps to foreclose, then leaving the property owner on record, so they get the hit for maintenance. Unfortunately, each situation must be handled a bit differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back