So many questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryannc513

My mother gained Full Guardianship of my two children in court the first time over hear say. My daughters' father is in prison for 6-20 years for 1st Degree Home Invasion and a few other things such as Armed Robbery Unarmed Robbery and has been since 2007, his family only took part in my childrens' lives at their convience, one weekend in 2008 after agreeing they must visit the girls at my home for a few weeks before taking them out of my sight, they took my kids' to a phony house where I thought they lived, and on Sunday when I called to pick them up, Ahmaad (my daughters' father) sister grabbed the phone from Sheila (his mother) and said ''Good luck trying to find them'' and simply hung up. I was ecstatic, it took me 4 and a half hours to find them with police. After picking up my girls from their house, I stopped at a gas station to get jumped by Ahmaads sister and cousin while my mother was in the gas station with my oldest (who was 3 at the time) and my youngest was in the car with me (2 yrs old). They pulled me to the back of the van to repeatedly hit me (and my child even though I know not intentional but that does not matter to me right now) after I was able to get out of the car police were called once again and I got the same officer who just helped me pick up my children from them. He took pictures and suggested that I never let my kids around them, and to file paperwork and PPO's against all of them. Well unfortunatly for me I just wanted them to stay away from me and my children and I never went and filed this paper work. So for my first question being that this happened in 2008 can I still access those files?! These women are showing up in front of a judge to say my kids do not need to be in my care and the judge did not once ask me or give me a chance to explain WHY they do not see my kids.

My mother who is extremely addicted to pain killers and xanax/kolonopin has full guardianship right now and is letting his family see them. She told the judge I was on pills and heroin, that my house is a drug house.. etc a bunch of BS!!!! :mad: She is living with my grandmother and is sharing a bedroom with my kids :( Being my age people expect me to be uncapable and unstable, but I grew up very fast after becoming pregnant with my first daughter. I love my girls very much and it is hurting me so bad right now because since this court date in January my mother has not let me see or talk to them. She is on all types of pills and never was I offered a drug test, or anything. I do not even take Tylenol for headaches!!! Im sorry this is becoming so long I just have one more question:
I have found a job and housing in Florida and would like to move there and get my children back after I can get paperwork showing X amount of time being stabalized down there... Will I have problems with this?! I willl be contacting a lawyer but I just would really like some free advice right now. This is really taking a toll on me and I know it is hurting my children.

Thank you.

You need to hire a lawyer.
You'll get nowhere without a lawyer.
There are many gaps in your story.
You report the failings of others.
But, you don't lose custody of your children easily.
The best thing for you is to establish yourself and hire an attorney.
There is nothing that can be done to remedy this problem here.

well to fill in the gaps would be my entire life story, i feel as if i am lying about my mothers actions because no one could imagine a mother lying or doing something to hurt their own child. But my mother has been an addict my entire childhood and I came to terms with that, but MY children were not to be around it. And after refusing my girls to sleep over at my grandmothers house when my mom was to be there alone, is when she started with the courts. And losing custody of my kids was that easy because it happened. Every lawyer and CPS worker I have came in contact with is puzzled. And so am I. i have had CPS at my home 9 different times and 8 times were suprise visits, all 9 were never opened. I did not think I needed anything going to court which is where I messed up. My mother had written a 6 page letter about how she has raised my children, and she has done all this great stuff which I would applaud her had she done it believe me. I love my mom with all I have no matter what she has put me through but she is taking my childrens only mother away from them and that is not right. that is not a mother. that is not love. I have never denied her seeing them not one time. No they are not allowed to stay the night because I dont need a phone call saying my mom rolled over on one. Or fell asleep and they got into something. No I wont have it and any parent in their right mind would not either. It really makes me mad that everyone thinks I am leaving so much out of this and I am not. I had a house a car, I am a full time student at Baker College going for human services, there was NO reason they should have awarded anything to her excpet rehab. But I was not asked any questions but if I agreed and I said no but I was so amazed at this long story she had just took from her parenting expierences and put it into mine. I am not mom of america but I definitly care a great deal about my little girls I give them everything they need and more, I have struggled so hard to make sure I did not fall under a teen statistic and as an adult I am very confused as to why all my hard work has failed me. I was just asking for a little advice on the Moving to florida. I already found out what I needed to know about the ahmaads family situation they still have the records. which is fantastic because the judge said they had more ''LEVERAGE'' because I was standing alone, and my mom ahmaads mom and his sister were against me but had he looked at the real problem this would have never happened

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back