Motion to set aside default judgement

Status
Not open for further replies.

weatherman55

Florida...I filed a contempt of court against my Ex husband. He was then served by the Sheriff. I then received a notice that he didnt respond in 20 days as he was stated to do. I also received a letter for a "Motion to set aside the courts default judgment " from his lawyer. What does this mean and what is my next step?
( I dont have a lawyer as of yet for the simple fact that this case is a minor situation that I believed could be handled without lawyers involved ) Apparently he doesn't agree.

What am I to do now? I just read an article that says I am to respond within 10 days. Is this true? What happends next? I dont have the funds for a lawyer.

Last edited:
He apparently feels otherwise. If I were you, I'd lawyer up, too.

What he's doing now is trying to overturn his failure to appear and the resulting default judgment you received.

What do I do now? I friend told me to do a Motion to deny that motion.. should I? I dont want this to drag out forever. I know that I am in the right and will win the case. I want this overwith. But he is draggin his feet.

What do I do now? I friend told me to do a Motion to deny that motion.. should I? I dont want this to drag out forever. I know that I am in the right and will win the case. I want this overwith. But he is draggin his feet.

I suggest you give up the ghost, or hire an attorney.

It isn't just about what to do, moreover it's about how you do it, as much as what it contains.

I got a lawyer and sued my ex for child support back in April 1990. He ignored all court dates, and scheduled paternity test appointments and was in contempt of court. His first payments only started recently in 2007. He has now filed motion to set aside judgement made against him. Claiming lack of jurisdiction, fraud accident or mistake, a non- amendable defect, etc., etc...I need to respond quickly PLEASE HELPE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back