Credit card lawsuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

maryalex1966

I've been sued by a credit card company. I answered a summon. And after I answered the summons I got the first request for admissions/interrogatories. I have 30 days to answer the interrogatories. Also I got two more papers. One for a hearing and another for a 12 persons trial at the end of this year. With all these lawsuit paper, I am getting very worry.
My question is:
what happens after I answer the interrogatories. There will be any judgement or garnishment toward my house?
I try hard not to file bankruptcy, that was my last resource, but now I need to do it.
Do I need to file bankruptcy before the interrogatories are due, or I can answer the interrogatories.
Please help

Filing a BK now would eliminate any impact from a lawsuit.

The choice is up to you. Talk with a bankruptcy lawyer ASAP.

If you choose to answer the requests, simply issue a general denial. Deny each and every allegation. Make the plaintiff prove their case. Never admit to anything.

By the way, you aren't being sued by the credit card issuer. You're being chased by a scavenger. You've probably made a payment to a debt collector. Credit card companies rarely sue anyone. They write the debt off and take a tidy tax credit. They then sell the debt for pennies on the dollar to these scavengers. They then try to intimidate money from scared, uninformed people like you!!

YES, you are right army judge. We joined this debt consolidation program for 6 months. we pay close to $6,000.00. After the 3rd month we got a summon from an attorney law firm. I answer the summon and now they want me to answer the interrogatories. I am worried that they will make a judgment after I answer the interrogatories..

I don't know how long I can wait after I answer the interrogatories before I can file for bankruptcy. I already met with a bankruptcy lawyer, but they don't give you advice in how or when this will have an effect. What I don't like is to have the court put a garnish on my home or my/husband wages.

Please help

These vultures plan to sue you.

I suggest you stop paying anyone anything on these old debts. You're wasting good money, chasing bad results!

Your best bet is the one you've resisted to your detriment.

Tomorrow (if you can, but no later than Monday), HIRE a bankruptcy lawyer. Instruct the attorney that you want to file bankruptcy.

The lawyer will take it from there. Once he/she starts your BK, these scavengers and their greedy lawsuit will end.

You'll be able to rest well. You'll be able to keep more of your money. These crooks won't be able to ROB you any longer. You'll be protected by a US Bankruptcy court and a very powerful, federal judge!

Get on this now, rest well next week!

By the way, once the BK starts, all this other madness stops. Your new BK lawyer and the court will see to that!

Army Judge, I already stop paying this people, but they took more than half of my money saying that it was their fee.

I will follow your advice and meet again with the BK attorney on MOnday.

My question now would be...do I have to answer the interrogatories? One thing that the BK lawyer said is that if I file BK before I get my taxes money, the court will rendered that money. I already lost a lot with this debt consolidation people.

NOw I don't know what to do......please help me

The BK will stop the lawsuit. A BK stops all of these legal proceedings. Just tell your lawyer about the lawsuit, so he can get the federal court to issue an injunction against the state proceeding.

If I were you, I'd take ALL of my money out of my current checking account(s) and close them. I'd open new accounts, and don't tell anyone.

No one knows how much cash you have.
Sometimes smart people don't blab about how much cash they have.
How will anyone know about cash someone has placed in a cookie jar in their basement?

Hint, hint, hint, hint!!!!!

Wink, wink, wink, wink!!!

Thank you so much Army Judge. I will do that. I think I have no option than filing BK.
When you talk about closing all my accounts, you mean closing the current accounts and open a new one. But that would be in my credit report?

Close your current checking accounts, saving accounts, and deposit accounts. Those crooks will try to attach your assets.

If you want, leave one checking account open with less than $1,000, so you can use your debit card, until you get a new debit card at a different bank.

Open one new checking account.
Don't put much money in it.
Fund it as you need it.

Some people will keep the rest of their assets in cash.

I am going to answer the first interrogatories, the due date is March 24th. I am going to DENY all the question.
My question is where to file the interrogatories. I went to the County court and no body there knows what to do with that papers. Do I need to send it back to the plantiff's lawyer address.

Please help

You need an attorney.
You're stalling and it might hurt you.
Your answers are normally filed with the court.
You provide copies of your filings to the other party or their attorney.
File in the court and for the case in which you're being sued.

OKAY. I was trying to get more time so I can get my taxes refund's money before I file for bankruptcy, but I think it won't be possible. The court will garnish my taxes money.

I need to start all the bankruptcy paper work before the 24th.

I am saddddddddddddddd....

I have lost so much money that I was hoping to get my taxes money....

Now I don't know what to do.

Last edited:
No one can take your tax refund or any other money.

They have only sued you.

They haven't won.

They have to win, before they can even begin to attach your bank account.

By that time (assuming you lose), you can close your account and move your money to a secret account.

In fact, open that new account tomorrow, just in case you lose.

But, you won't lose.

When you file a BK, those old judgments and debts are forgiven.

You need to talk to an attorney.

This isn't helping you.

You're getting no where, fast!!!

Talk to a lawyer and your eyes will be opened!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back